Blogger hosts and publishes blogs for free. Create your own blog, or explore a new or notable blog. Also offers image hosting, blog updates from your mobile phone. Adsense enabled
Automated news site system designed to be used in intranets and on the Internet. Offers administrators a variety of tools to maintain an active and interactive web site using databases.
Offers free Movable Type and Wordpress-based blog publishing, hosting, and support.
Blog hosting and publishing service, creating full-featured blogs built on Movable Type's publishing platform. Post your vacation photos, comment on the news or world events, or share your experiences with friends.
- Windows Live Spaces
Allows users to create and manage their blogs from their computer or mobile phones.
Personal blogging service from Moveable Type. Providing a blogging platform for people to share with friends and family.
Where the women bloggers are.
Allows you to create an online journal with text and images, and to post via MMS from your camera phone.
Offers free and premium blog hosting.
- GetJealous.com Travel Blogs
Free travel blog site featuring travel journals, photo galleries, interactive maps, message boards, travel itineraries, and videos. Sign up for your very own travel blog.
Open source project aimed towards the development of an easy to maintain and use blog hosting system.
Offers users blogging software for personal blogs and community features for members.
Free blog hosting with tools.
Hosts free blogs for anyone involved in education.
Content management hosting tools and services.
Publishing tool that gives users the power to blog in your their own branded style.
Blog hosting with the ability to update via instant messenger.
Allows users to instantly publish photos from their camera phone to an online photo blog to share with others.
Free blog hosting from Blogster. Provides image hosting and social networking in a strong community atmosphere.
Free full-featured blog hosting service.
- www.cafelog.com (Free. You can make a donation)
- www.bigblogtool.com ($15 for one year)
- www.blog-city.com (Basic is free. $25 for one year for the advanced version, with lots of extras, such as the ability to add to your blog by email (just send it an email) and allow public contribution to your blogs.)
- www.blosxom.com (Free to use.)
- www.fogcreek.com/CityDesk (Content management system for companies. Windows-only):
- www.noahgrey.com/greysoft (Recommended by friends, who like it. Free to use. You can make a donation)
- www.movabletype.org This is the best tool, with many features, including multiple authors. However, it can be a challenge to install and configure. If you can handle UNIX kernals, go for it. $200/yr plus other fees.
- www.nucleuscms.org (Free to use. This has many features, including multiple authors.)
- www.userland.com (60-days free trial period.)
- www.webcrimson.com (It's free to download, and there's apparently a paid version. This allows multiple authors.)
- www.soulcast.com -Adsense enabled
- www.hubpages.com - create as many hubs possible. Adsense enabled.
Jan 17, 2008
Jan 15, 2008
Welcome to Technorati
Currently tracking 112.8 million blogs and over 250 million pieces of tagged social media....
The World Live Web is incredibly active, and according to Technorati data, there are over 175,000 new blogs (that’s just blogs) every day. Bloggers update their blogs regularly to the tune of over 1.6 million posts per day, or over 18 updates a second.
This blog does not address the basics of blogging, writing, or journalitic style. Our focus is on the other two aspects of publishing, which is distribution and advertising. Here are some links relating to writing and blogging.
Blogger Help Resources:
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.A Complete Guide to Finding and Using Incredible Flickr Images by Skellie
Give and receive help in our WordPress.com Forums.
Read WordPress Documentation.
Use the feedback link in the upper right corner.
All About MySpace - MySpace Templates, MySpace Tutorials and More
Find help with your MySpace profile and MySpace blog. Make your MySpace profileWriting a Good Blog - For Dummies
look better with MySpace templates. Learn how to use MySpace with MySpace
tutorials. Decorate your MySpace profile with MySpace avatars and much more.
Thinking of someone you know well and who might want to read your blog will help you relax your writing style. That's why it's become popular for many ...
So You Want to Be a Blogging Star? New York Times
Mr. Cuban said: “Blog about your passions. Don’t blog about what you think yourDeveloping a Blog Writing Style
Just post it already! The hurdle that stops many would-be bloggers is fear of clicking the “Publish” button.
Keep a regular rhythm. Bloggers disagree on how often they should post. Mr. Reynolds and Ms. Jardin post several times a day. Mr. Cuban and Mr. Dziuba will go a week without a post.
Likewise, there’s no one right length for blog posts, but the most successful sites seem to have their own reliable formats, just like most professional publications.
Join the community, such as it is.
A more direct way to draw a crowd is to submit your blog posts to news aggregation sites like Digg, Fark and Boing Boing.
Allowing readers to post comments on your blog not only increases readership, it provides a sense of live interaction with the rest of the world. But beware: the insulting comment is an Internet art form.
Under the Blog writing style, I would categorically be presenting you some useful insights into as to how you should draft your content for a blog. ...
Facebook and MySpace are social networks focused on personal friends and family. LinkedIn is a social network, but the focus is on the user's professional affiliations. In fact, the CEO of LinkedIn is a board member for Vox, an emerging personal network operated by Six Apart.
Features of LinkedIn
Rather than photo, music, video, and activity sharing, LinkedIn tries to match user's professional interests. This includes job search and hiring, business partnerships, and companies seeking consultant services.
- Home - an inbox. Network update is similar to Facebook's mini-feed that reports on the activities of friends.
- People - means to find old friends
- Jobs & Hiring - means for members to seek jobs
- Services - means for consultants to seek engagements
- Answers - a forum for asking questions and gaining answers. The ontology is structured for business issues.
- Profile - basically a resume with parts that you can hide from public view
- Contacts - your circle of associates
- Invite and connect with your email contacts
- Recommend your connections
- Send email to connections
- Post questions and answers to meet people with similar interests
- Join groups - although creating groups seems to be closed to the public
LinkedIn has no blogging, limited photo sharing, and no effort to target video sharing - which are common features in personal networks. It's not as sexy, but effective for business networking.
Popular Posts - Tag and Earn More
- Apple on a Roll
- Understanding Facebook for Web 1.0 Users
- eBook, Self-Publishing, Starving Writers Gain Ad-Supported ePublishing
- New Media: The Problem is Monetization, The Solution is $50.00+ eCPM
- Profiling the Internet and Online Advertising
- Contextual, Behavioral, and AI Targeting
- Internet Consolidation or Fragmentation
- New Internet Roles with Social Media
- Blogging Ecosystem of Distribution Gadgets
- SEO or 'Flypaper Effect'
- Reality Television Comes to Journalism - Thy Name is Blogger
- Feeds, Weeds, Reads, and User Needs
- Sex, Money, Power - The Anchor of Social Media
- Forum: Anyone able to earn $100+ eCPM
- Lead Generation, Direct Mail, eMail, Word-of-Mouth, Buzz Marketing, Social Media Compared