Whether an Apple fan or doubter, ask this question:
Is Apple still a niche community?
- 70% of MP3 players, globally - dominating digital distributor of music and saving the industry from piracy-death.
- Ignore Admob data that understates, because the plurality of apps serve no ads.
- Adding iTunes as a browser, Safari on iPhone to the Safari browser share - has Safari already become the leading browser over Explorer? My analysis suggests yes.
- iPhone dominates mobile access of the web. Will unit share follow as mobile contracts expire?
- Adding Verizon as a distributor of iPhones doubles customer reach for Apple in the USA.
- China has banned Android - strangling global OEM acceptance of Android. Who will emerge as the leader of the largest mobile market?
- iPad has already swamped the Amazon Kindle on the first weekend; and impacted the entire netbook segment after one month. Will Window-based laptops follow the downward trend?
- iPad is moving toward saving the publishing industry from piracy-death - starting with books.
Talk is cheap. Google and others talk big, but fails with hundreds of initiatives.