[ About Us | Popular | Marcom | AdNet | IChannel | Glossary ]

Jan 6, 2009

eMail war between gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Hotmail

I've been having difficulty sending and receiving mail. Too many messages get lost. So I thought I would look into it. It's a silly war among gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Hotmail.


Gmail In Yahoo Spam Bucket

Here is a return message from gMail, sent to Yahoo's spam bucket.
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

savethebigcat@gmail.com

72.14.205.27 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 Giving up on 72.14.205.27.
Microsoft Live Mail in Gmail's Spam

Here is a lost message from Microsoft found in gMail's spam bucket.
Windows Live ID to me

Hello djcxxx@gmail.com,

Thank you for signing up for a Windows Live ID.

Use the e-mail address (djcxxx@gmail.com) and password you provided during sign-up to sign in at any site or service where you see the Windows Live ID logo.

This e-mail message contains important information on how to use your account, including what to do if you forget your password. Please save or print a copy so you can refer to it later.
Countless Lost / Misfiled / Not Working Messages

Yahoo has had problems - period. In particular, the problems seem more acute when using Google's Chrome browser. I've switched from Classic to Modern mode to work around the problem, wasting time.

Every so often, friends don't get my email. Occassionally, incoming mail goes into the spam bucket - including my own copies to myself. What a joke.

Ultimate Stupidity

Here is the ultimate farce. I sent email from my Yahoo account to my gMail account.

failure notice

From: "MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com"
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<djcxxx@gmail.com>:
209.85.133.27 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 552-5.7.0 552-5.7.0 Please visit http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6590
552 5.7.0 to review our attachment guidelines. 

Yahoo never sent the message to gmail. Further, Yahoo's own error message ends up in it's spam bucket. 

Too many games. Too many mistakes.

Switching to Facebook

I've asked important contacts to switch to Facebook and LinkedIn. I don't want to be the casualty in war among the giants.

Have you wasted similar time?

Report: Cloud-Based Email Cheapest Option for Most Companies

new report from Forrester presents a cost analysis of cloud-based email systems in enterprises, such as Google Apps or Yahoo!'s Zimbra. In the report, Forrester argues that cloud-based email services are cheaper than running email on-premise for all companies with less than 15,000 employees. What's more, Google Apps is significantly cheaper than both on-premise solutions and other cloud-based email services - even for very large enterprises. This could spell trouble for Microsoft, as we explain below...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments accepted immediately, but moderated.

Support Our Sponsors: